Day One, Thursday, April 13, 2023
Arrive and check in to Courtyard Crystal City . Baggage Handling is included
Refresh from your travels before departing for a Welcome Dinner at in the D.C area.
Day Two, Friday, April 14, 2023
Enjoy breakfast at hotel. Then, meet our GUIDE and depart for a day of touring our nation’s capital.
First visit to Arlington National Cemetery, the final resting place for President John F. Kennedy and the Tomb of the Unknowns are also located on these famous 612 acres. Tram ticket included in your visit.
Next, arrive at the Capitol Cafeteria and enjoy lunch on own. Then enjoy a tour of Capitol Hill.
- Visit the United States Capitol – The most recognized symbol of democratic government in the world, has housed Congress since 1800 and is one of the most imposing public buildings in the world. The Capitol is where Congress meets to write the laws of our nation, and where presidents are inaugurated. Its ceilings are decorated with historic images, and its halls are lined with statuary and paintings representing great events and people in the nation’s history.
- Visit the United States Library of Congress – Explore. Discover. Be Inspired! The Library of Congress is the largest national library in the world with more than 100 million items in three buildings. DID YOU KNOW? The library has more than 650 miles of bookshelves, and more than 138 million objects in 470 different languages. If for any reason an inside tour is not available or the wait in line is extremely long our guide will conduct a tour outside the buildings.
- Tour the Supreme Court Building (Tour outside only). Within the walls of this white marble monument the third branch of government exercises its mandate to protect and interpret the spirit of the Constitution
Board our motor coach and depart for a stop outside the White House for a photo opportunity. Continue and visit the National World War I Memorial. The design, “A Soldier’s Journey”, shows the story of a soldier who leaves his family, sees combat and the loss of comrades, and returns to his family after receiving medical care
Dinner included in the historic Evening Star Building at Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse. After dinner we continue with an Illuminated Monument Driving Tour. Washington’s grand monuments and memorials are impressive during the day—stunning at night! Drive by The Washington Monument * Drive by the National World War II Memorial * Walk through The Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts * Drive by the Air Force Memorial * Drive by the Marine Corps Memorial (Iwo Jima Statue).
Drive by other memorials and monuments as time permits before returning to our hotel for the evening.
Day Three, Saturday, April 15, 2023
Enjoy breakfast at hotel before departing for the Cherry Blossom Parade.
View the Cherry Blossom Parade from our Premium-Preferred Grandstand Seating for the National Cherry Blossom Festival to experience as we herald the beginning of spring in our Nation’s Capital.
The Cherry Blossom Festival marks the celebration of the original gift of the 3,000 cherry trees by the city of Tokyo to the people of Washington, DC in 1912 with a massive parade.
Enjoy lunch on own at Penn Quarter followed by a visit of the National Portrait Gallery. Next, enjoy a Pink Stroll and photo opt among the Japanese cherry trees along the Tidal Basin.
- Stop at the Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial.
- Stop at The Franklin D. Roosevelt Memorial.
- Stop at The Jefferson Memorial. The 19-foot statue of the third president stands beneath a rotunda looking across the Tidal Basin, with an unforgettable view.
Enjoy dinner included at a local favorite before returning to our hotel.
Day Four, Sunday, April 16, 2023
Enjoy breakfast at hotel prior to checking out. Depart with our guide to visit the following memorials.
- Stop at The Vietnam Veterans Memorial
- Stop at The Lincoln Memorial
- Stop at The Korean War Veterans Memorial
- Stop at The National World War II Memorial
- Stop at Eisenhower Memorial
Depart for a visit of your choice at the Smithsonian Institution’s museums on the National Mall.
Enjoy lunch on own while visiting the museums before departing for Home
Price Per Person: Single $1,290 | Double $995
Triple $950 | Quad $905