Day 1 – Tuesday, September 7
Return with us to one of our favorite seaside resorts at Anchorage by the Sea, The sea’s spectacular beauty is what keeps us returning year after year. We’ll get you settled in your Main Inn seaside accommodations offering a breathtaking view of the ocean. Be advised, all rooms are NON-SMOKING, located in the Main Inn seaside (207) 646-9384. “Ogunquit” is an Abenaki Indian name meaning “beautiful place by the sea” and this little resort town is renowned for its stunning combination of white sandy beaches, picturesque coves, and rugged rocky shore front cliffs.Spend the next three mornings enjoying a full BREAKFAST and watching the sunrise and then a stroll along the beach or walk the cliff’s edge on the Marginal Way.
Anchorage By The Sea offers its guests access to heated indoor and outdoor pools, whirlpool, sauna, Jacuzzis, and a charming poolside grill and bar.
Dinner is an added option, we will travel down the road to Ogunquit Lobster Pound Restaurant for dinner of your choice, off the menu, to include selecting your live lobster from a tank before eating (this is an optional added cost).
Day 2 – Wednesday, September 8
Start your day with BREAKFAST and a scenic ride along Ogunquit’s shore line for a visit to Kennebunkport. See some of the most beautiful homes on the coast, including the summer home of the former first lady Barbara and President George Bush. We’ll allow for time to browse and have lunch on your own before returning to the Anchorage.
The remainder of the day is yours to explore the quaint small shops and galleries in and around town or just enjoy the beautiful grounds and pool!
Day 3 – Thursday, September 9
After BREAKFAST enjoy all that Ogunquit has to offer; walk the Marginal Way, take a stroll through town and explore the many shops or head to the beach and play in the sand. Tonight everyone will enjoy a Farewell DINNER at Bull n’ Claw in Wells, serving the taste and tradition of New England.
Choose from the following Entrees;
1. BAKED STUFFED SHRIMP–Large Shrimp baked in a casserole with our famous seafood stuffing and topped with Captain Morgan’s Rum Sauce
2. SEAFOOD NEWBURG-Native Haddock, Maine Shrimp and Sea Scallops in a creamy Newburg sauce.
3. FRIED BABY MAINE SHRIMP AND NATIVE HADDOCK–Maine shrimp fried to a golden brown in 100% vegetable oil.
4. BAKED FRESH HADDOCK–The freshest haddock, topped with a seasoned herb Ritz cracker topping.
5. CRAB CRUSTED SALMON–A fresh salmon filet baked with a delicious “crust” made with bread crumbs, crabmeat and garlic butter.
6. DINNER CUT PRIME RIB–Slow roasted, Hand cut tender beef served with aujus.
7. CHICKEN PARMESAN–Lightly breaded chicken breast topped with marinara sauce and a blend of Parmesan and cheddar cheeses, served over linguine.
Dinner menu includes: Salad, Rolls, Baked Potato, Vegetable (except chicken parmesan), soft drink and choice of Hot Apple or Blueberry Crisp.
Day 4 – Friday, September 10
Today we depart for home after BREAKFAST with a stop on the way.