Day One, Thursday, April 8, 2021
Arrive and check in to Marriott Bethesda (301) 822-9200). Baggage Handling is included
Refresh from your travels before departing for a Welcome Dinner at Manor at Silo Falls.
Day Two, Friday, April 9, 2021
Enjoy breakfast at hotel. Then, meet our GUIDE and depart for a day of touring our nation’s capital.
Visit the White House Visitor’s Center, view over 90 artifacts from the White House collection, shop at the White House retail store, and view the 14 minute film, “White House: Reflections From Within.”
- Stop for a photo opportunity of the White House!
Visit the National Law Enforcement Museum and feel what it’s like to walk in the shoes of law enforcement with high tech interactive exhibits.
Next, arrive at the Capitol Visitor Center and enjoy lunch on own on Capitol Hill. The Capitol Visitor Center is the largest project in the Capitol’s 215-year history and is approximately three quarters the size of the Capitol itself. The entire facility is located underground on the east side of the Capitol so as not to detract from the appearance of the Capitol.
- Visit the United States Library of Congress. Discover. Be Inspired!
- Tour the Supreme Court Building (Tour outside only).
- The most recognized symbol of democratic government in the world, the U.S. Capitol has housed Congress since 1800 and is one of the most imposing public buildings in the world. The tour of the historic Capitol building is a walking tour.
- Stop at the Marine Corps Memorial (Iwo Jima Statue) Depicts the American Flag being raised on Mount Suribachi during World War II.
- Stop at the Air Force Memorial overlooking the nation’s capital.
Dinner included at The Mad Hatter before we continue with an Illuminated Monument Driving Tour. Washington’s grand monuments and memorials are impressive during the day—stunning at night! Drive by The Washington Monument * Drive by the National World War II Memorial * Walk through The Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts * Drive by the Air Force Memorial * Drive by the Pentagon.
Drive by other memorials and monuments as time permits before returning to our hotel for the evening.
Day Three, Saturday, April 10, 2020
Enjoy breakfast at hotel before departing for the Cherry Blossom Parade.
View the Cherry Blossom Parade from our Premium-Preferred Grandstand Seating for the National Cherry Blossom Festival to experience as we herald the beginning of spring in our Nation’s Capital.
The Cherry Blossom Festival marks the celebration of the original gift of the 3,000 cherry trees by the city of Tokyo to the people of Washington, DC in 1912 with a massive parade.
Enjoy a light lunch on own at the National Portrait Gallery followed by a tour of President Portraits.
Next, enjoy a Pink Tied Stroll and photo opt among the Japanese cherry trees along the Tidal Basin.
- Stop at The Vietnam Veterans Memorial.
- Stop at The Lincoln Memorial, overlooking the Reflecting Pool.
- Stop at the NEW Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial.
- Stop at The Franklin D. Roosevelt Memorial.
- Stop at The Jefferson Memorial. The 19-foot statue of the third president stands beneath a rotunda looking across the Tidal Basin, with an unforgettable view.
Enjoy dinner included at Buca di Beppo Italian Restaurant before returning to our hotel.
Day Four, Sunday, April 11, 2021
Enjoy breakfast at hotel prior to checking out. Depart with escort for a stop at the memorial to Dwight D. Eisenhower, before making our visit to Arlington National Cemetery, the final resting place for President John F. Kennedy and the Tomb of the Unknowns are also located on these famous 612 acres.
Depart for a visit of your choice at the Smithsonian Institution’s museums on the National Mall.
Enjoy lunch on own while visiting the museums before departing for Home