Day One, Friday, April 3, 2020
Arrive and check in to Marriott Bethesda (301) 822-9200). Baggage Handling is included.
Refresh from your travels before departing for a Welcome Dinner at Manor at Silo Falls. (Meals: D)
Day Two, Saturday, April 4, 2020
Enjoy breakfast at hotel. We will meet our GUIDE in lobby and depart for the Cherry Blossom Parade.
View the Cherry Blossom Parade from our Premium-Preferred Grandstand Seating. The Parade is the largest public event of the festival- and combines some of the Festival’s best entertainment into one spectacular show. Your preferred vantage point will secure you up-close encounters with celebrity appearances and performances. Travel with us as we herald the beginning of spring in our Nation’s Capital. The Cherry Blossom Festival marks the celebration of the original gift of the 3,000 cherry trees by the city of Tokyo to the people of Washington, DC in 1912.
Following a light lunch on own, our GUIDE will take us on tour of President Portraits at the National Portrait Gallery. Next, depart for a Stop at the Air Force Memorial. The redesigned Memorial is both BOLD and graceful and truly representational of the Air Force. Central to the design are three stainless steel spires which soar skyward.
Enjoy a Pink Tied Stroll and photo opportunity among the Japanese cherry trees (blossoms pending nature’s timing and cannot be guaranteed) along the Tidal Basin.
- Stop at the NEW Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial.
- Stop at The Jefferson Memorial.
- Stop at The Franklin D. Roosevelt Memorial.
Experience a Perfectly Pink Reception atop The Observation Deck at CEB Tower, where you can get a 360* panoramic view of the city’s most majestic monuments, famous landmarks and natural beauty. Get a new perspective on the nation’s capital – from the old-world charm of Georgetown to the soaring Washington Monument to the emerald green banks of the Potomac.
- Enjoy a pink drink, light hors d’oeuvres and pink personalities!
Enjoy dinner included at Da Marco The Italian Place, a relaxed Italian restaurant. (Meals: B, D)
Day Three, Sunday, April 5, 2020
Enjoy breakfast at hotel before departing with our local GUIDE. First stop, visit the White House Visitor’s Center. Visitors can explore an interactive touchscreen tour of the White House, view over 90 artifacts from the White House collection, shop at the White House Historical Association retail store, and view the 14-minute film, “White House: Reflections From Within.”
Visit the National Law Enforcement Museum and feel what it’s like to walk in the shoes of law enforcement with high tech interactive exhibits.
Next, visit your choice of the Smithsonian Institution’s museums on the National Mall.
- Visit the National Museum of American History.
- Visit the National Air & Space Museum.
- Visit the National Museum of Natural History.
- Experience the spirit of The National Museum of the American Indian.
- The National Gallery of Art.
- Visit the Freer & Sackler Gallery.
- Visit the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden. This donut-shaped building boasts a collection of 19th and 20th century paintings and sculptures.
- The National Museum of African Art
Later, meet back up with our GUIDE for a visit at Arlington National Cemetery. This is the final resting place for President John F. Kennedy, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, Audie Murphy, prizefighter Joe Louis, and thousands of soldiers from every major U.S. war. Arlington House home of Civil War General Robert E. Lee, Space Shuttle Challenger Astronaut’s Memorial and the Tomb of the Unknowns.
Next, stop at the Marine Corps Memorial (Iwo Jima Statue) One of the largest bronze statues ever cast depicts the American Flag being raised on Mount Suribachi during World War II.
Dinner included at Carolina Kitchen then board our coach for an Illuminated Monument Driving Tour.
- Walk through The Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts. Drive by the Air Force Memorial. Drive by the Pentagon. Drive by The Washington Monument. Drive by the National World War II Memorial. Drive by other memorials and monuments as time permits before we return to the hotel for the evening. (Meals: B, D)
Day Four, Monday, April 6, 2020
Enjoy breakfast at hotel prior to checking out. Depart with GUIDE for Capitol Hill.
- Visit the United States Library of Congress. Discover. Be Inspired!
- Tour the Supreme Court Building (Tour outside only).
- The Capitol Visitor Center welcomes visitors to the seat of American government.
Visit the Pentagon 9/11 Memorial Park, honoring the 184 victims of the September 11, 2001 attack.
Depart for Home (Meals: B)