WASHINGTON, DC IN BLOOM!
Three Nights’ Accommodations at the Gaylord National Resort at National Harbor, Round Trip Baggage Service, Three Breakfasts, One Dinner, Delicious meal onboard the Odyssey III Cruise Ship, Reserved Seating at the Cherry Blossom Parade, Admissions and Guide Service as stated in the itinerary
Note: Gratuities for Wade Tours Driver and Escort are not included but welcomed.
Package Price per Person: Single $1,090.00 | Double $850.00 | Triple $800.00
Day One, Friday, April 13, 2018
Arrive in Washington DC and our GUIDE will meet the group at the White House Visitor Center, offers visitors a window into the president’s iconic home. Visitors can explore an interactive touchscreen tour of the White House, view over 90 artifacts from the White House collection, shop at the White House Historical Association retail store, and view the 14 minute film, “White House: Reflections From Within.”
- Stop for a photo-opportunity at the White House.
Next, arrive at the NEW Capitol Visitor Center on Capitol Hill, is the largest project in the Capitol’s 215-year history and is approximately three quarters the size of the Capitol itself. The entire facility is located underground on the east side of the Capitol so as not to detract from the appearance of the Capitol.
- Visit The United States Capitol, the most recognized symbol of democratic government in the world, the U.S. Capitol has housed Congress since 1800 and is one of the most imposing public buildings in the world.
- Visit the United States Library of Congress. Discover. Be Inspired!
Established as an act of Congress is 1800, The Library of Congress is the largest national library in the world with more than 100 million items in three buildings..
- Tour the Supreme Court Building (pending time and length of lines). Within the walls of this white marble monument the third branch of government exercises its mandate to protect and interpret the spirit of the Constitution.
If for any reason or the wait in line is too long our guide will conduct a tour outside the buildings.
Check in Gaylord National Resort at National Harbor, luxury hotel on the waterfront for a free evening.
Day Two, Saturday, April 14, 2018
Enjoy breakfast included at your resort before departing for today’s special celebration of the 3,000 cherry trees by the city of Tokyo to the people of Washington DC in 1912.
Arrive and view the Cherry Blossom Parade from our reserved seats, complete with pink pom pom’s!
Following the parade, we will meet our GUIDE and enjoy a Pink Tied Stroll and photo opportunity among the Japanese cherry trees (blossoms pending nature’s timing and cannot be guaranteed) along the Tidal Basin. This guided tour will include;
- Stop at the NEW Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial. The long awaited memorial utilizes landscape elements to powerfully convey three fundamental and recurring themes of Dr. King’s life: justice, democracy and hope.
- Stop at The Jefferson Memorial. The 19-foot statue of the third president stands beneath a rotunda inscribed with passages from the Declaration of Independence.
- Stop at The Franklin D. Roosevelt Memorial. This memorial to FDR combines sculpture, water and natural landscape to forge a dramatic setting for recounting the events and terms of office of the nation’s 32nd
Board the Odyssey III Cruise Ship from the Gangplank Marina at the corner of 6th and Water Streets. Appropriate dress is business casual attire. No jeans, shorts, tank tops, halter-tops, gym shoes or flip flops are permitted on the Odyssey.
Enjoy a Cherry Blossom Cruise, a “Pink Party Exclusive Event” on the Potomac onboard the Odyssey III Cruise Ship. Onboard enjoy a welcome Signature Pink Drink, a narrative cruise of the sites along the river, dancing to our live band, and a delicious meal! Get Your Bloom On! … and WEAR PINK today to help make our cruise especially festive.
Return to the Gaylord National Resort for a free evening.
Day Three, Sunday, April 15, 2018
Enjoy breakfast included at your resort before we depart for a visit of the Smithsonian Institution’s museums on the National Mall.
- Visit the National Museum of American History.
- Visit the National Air & Space Museum.
- Visit the National Museum of Natural History.
- Visit the unique nature and welcoming spirit of The National Museum of the American Indian.
- Visit The National Gallery of Art
- Visit the Freer & Sackler Gallery.
- Visit the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden.
- The National Museum of African Art
Next, we will meet our GUIDE at the Visitors Center at Arlington National Cemetery. This is the final resting place for President John F. Kennedy, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, Audie Murphy, prizefighter Joe Louis, and thousands of soldiers from every major U.S. war. Arlington House home of Civil War General Robert E. Lee and the Tomb of the Unknowns are also located on these famous 612 acres.
Stop at the Marine Corps Memorial (Iwo Jima Statue) One of the largest bronze statues ever cast depicts the American Flag being raised on Mount Suribachi during World War II and commemorates all Marines who have died in battle since 1775.
Enjoy dinner served family style at Buca Di Beppo.
After dinner, continue with an Illuminated Monument Driving Tour. Washington’s grand buildings, memorials, and monuments sparkle and are impressive during the day; but stunning at night!
- Walk through The Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts to see amazing views from the terrace and the famous bronze bust of John F Kennedy in the grand foyer.
- Drive by the Air Force Memorial
- Drive by the Pentagon
- Drive by The Washington Monument
- Drive by the National World War II Memorial
Return to the hotel for the evening.
Day Four, Monday, April 16, 2018
Enjoy breakfast included at your resort prior to checking out.
Board our coach and depart for a visit to the National Museum of the Marine Corps at Quantico. Experience what it means to be a marine and an understanding of the Marine Corps motto “Always Faithful”. We Begin our journey home, with great pride in this Country…..God Bless America!
All itineraries are subject to change. Every attempt will be made to include all sites mentioned within this itinerary. At times, circumstances beyond our control such as lines, traffic, closures, weather and late arrivals can severely restrict timing and cause items to be excluded.
Do you have a seating preference for the motor coach?
If yes, please let us know your preference in the special requirements section on the booking page with the specific seat, seat location and if you would like to sit near someone. Check out our seat assignment policy page for our seating chart. If no preference is made, your seat will be assigned by Wade Tours.
To be FAIR and IMPARTIAL all seat assignments will be taken at the time of booking your reservation. We encourage you to book early to accommodate any special needs and to assure tat members of your party will be seated together. We reserve the right to assign seats when necessary.
Do you have a preferred room type?
We offer both two queen bed rooms and single king bed rooms. Please let us know your preference and we will do our best to match you to that room.