CANADIAN ROCKIES BY RAIL
Departure Date: July 19, 2020
8 Days • 14 Meals Experience the best of Western Canada on an unforgettable adventure aboard the famed Rocky Mountaineer train through the Rockies while visiting the beautiful cities of Banff and Vancouver.
Tour Activity Level 3/5
Call Wade Tours for any questions or to book your exciting trip with Crystal at 518.355.4500 ext. 15
- 14 Meals (7 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 4 dinners)
- Round trip airport transfers
- Spend 1 night in Calgary, Alberta’s center of Cowboys and Culture
- Take a panoramic sightseeing tour of Calgary and get your first glimpse of the Canadian Rockies from high atop the 626-foot tall Calgary Tower
- Step back into Canada’s colorful past at Heritage Park with its fur-traders, blacksmith and collection of vintage automobiles
- Spend 2 nights in the town of Banff inside Banff National Park, Canada’s first national park
- Take a gondola ride to the top of Sulphur Mountain for a breathtaking view of the Banff village valley and surrounding mountains
- Travel the scenic Icefields Parkway from Banff to Lake Louise
- Visit Chateau Lake Louise located on the vibrant blue, glacier-fed waters of Lake Louise
- Spend 2 full days on board the Rocky Mountaineer Train in Silver Leaf Class as you pass some of the most breathtaking scenery in North America
- Spend 1 night in scenic Kamloops, nestled in the Rocky Mountains
- Spend 3 nights in cosmopolitan Vancouver, the gem of Canada’s Pacific Coast
- Take a panoramic tour of Vancouver to see its downtown core, spectacular North Shore and beautiful Stanley Park
- Enjoy a lunch cruise though the coastal mountain fjord of Indian Arm aboard the luxurious M.V. Harbour Princess
- Visit the Musqueam Cultural Center and learn the history and culture of the Musqueum people through exhibitions highlighting historic cultural objects, contemporary arts, and live dance performance
- $40 in Mayflower Money
|2020 DEPARTURE||Per Person Twin Room||Single Room|
|July 19, 2020||$6,099||add $1,099|
*Limited Gold Leaf Seating Available
Airfare from Albany International Airport (ALB) and ground transportation to and from the airport.
Air itineraries may not be available until documents are received. Air seats are assigned by the airline for the entire group. Seat changes can only be attempted upon receipt of tickets and documents at which time availability may be limited. If specific seat assignments are vital to your reservation, we recommend individual air reservations rather than booking air with the group.
Day One – Sandman Hotel, Calgary, Alberta
Days Two and Three – Rundlestone Lodge, Banff, Alberta
Day Four – The Thompson Hotel or similar, Kamloops, British Columbia
Days Five through Seven – Pacific Gateway Hotel, Vancouver, British Columbia
DAY 1 – Arrive in Calgary
Welcome to one of North America’s most rugged and beautiful cities, Calgary. Known for its cowboys and spectacular beauty, Calgary was brought to the world’s attention during the 1988 Winter Olympics. Meet your Tour Manager in the hotel lobby at 6:00 p.m. for a welcome dinner.
DAY 2 – Calgary Tower and Heritage Park
Get to know Calgary on a panoramic sightseeing tour of the city. Get your first glimpse of the Canadian Rockies from high atop the 626-foot tall Calgary Tower. Then, take a step back into Canada’s colorful past at Heritage Park. Here you will learn about life as a 19th-century fur-trader or old-fashioned blacksmith. In the Gasoline Alley Museum, admire the collection of 1908 REO Autobuggies and 1912 Buicks, or stroll through Heritage Town Square and chat with the locals in their traditional clothing. Then, depart for Banff and your hotel.
Meals: B, D
DAY 3 – Explore Banff and Lake Louise
Today, explore Canada’s first National Park and UNESCO World Heritage Site, Banff. See Bow Falls and Tunnel Mountain before taking the gondola ride in enclosed cars to the peak of Sulphur Mountain for a spectacular panoramic view of the village and valley below. Later, travel to beautiful Chateau Lake Louise where majestic mountains soaring skyward are reflected in the vibrant blues of the glacierfed Lake Louise.
Meals: B, D
DAY 4 – Ride the Rocky Mountaineer to Kamloops
Board the Rocky Mountaineer in Silver Leaf Class and begin the journey westward. Departing Banff National Park the train will travel through the unique Spiral Tunnels in Yoho National Park, a remarkable engineering achievement. You will also cross the Continental Divide. Beyond Craigellachie is Rogers Pass with its tunnels, glistening glaciers, and snow-capped mountains. After Craigellachie, where the “last spike” was driven completing the Canadian Pacific Railway in 1885 you pass through the vast ranchlands to Shuswap Lake. Overnight in Kamloops.
Meals: B, L
DAY 5 – Rocky Mountaineer to Vancouver
Upon leaving the city of Kamloops the train will follow the Thompson River through the Fraser Canyon. One of the canyon’s true highlights is Hell’s Gate, where you will watch water torrent past the canyon’s walls at its narrowest point. En route you will pass through the scenic Fraser Canyon and the fertile Fraser Valley. The Rocky Mountaineer takes you into the interior of British Columbia to the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver.
Meals: B, L
DAY 6 – Indian Arm Lunch Cruise
Today, climb aboard the luxurious M.V. Harbour Princess for a remarkable cruise through the Indian Arm, a coastal mountain fjord located right in Vancouver’s backyard. Sail the calm inland waters of Vancouver’s inner harbor, through Burrard Inlet and into IndianArm. Once heavily-glaciated, the region features spectacular landscape with lush green forests, pristine waterfalls, panoramic vistas and wildlife. Enjoy a wonderful buffet lunch while enjoying the scenery.
Meals: B, L
DAY 7 – Vancouver Sightseeing and Musqueam Cultural Center
Vancouver, its dramatic location between the Rocky Mountains and the Pacific Ocean is sure to inspire you. Enjoy an included sightseeing tour to see Vancouver’s downtown core, the spectacular North Shore and beautiful Stanley Park. In the afternoon you’ll visit the Musqueam Cultural Center. Here, learn the history and culture of the Musqueum people. The gallery features exhibitions highlighting historic cultural objects, contemporary arts, and the sharing of Musqueam culture thorough traditional live dancers.
Meals: B, D
DAY 8 – Return Home
Following breakfast, depart Canada with a group transfer to the Vancouver Airport for flights out after 12:00 p.m.
Itinerary is subject to change.
Travelers Protection Plan (TPP) – $399 per person (optional)
This nonrefundable fee will provide a refund to you during the instance that you have to cancel your trip. The cancellation has to be for a covered reason (see Plan for details on coverage) and we have to be notified at least one day prior to departure.If you must leave the tour early due to personal illness, illness or death of a member of your immediate family, TPP guarantees full refund for any unused services after the departure of the tour. Other benefits include medical expenses for illness and injury, emergency transportation, 24 hour hot line, and lost or stolen baggage assistance. Return air transportation is included ONLY if your air tickets were provided by Mayflower Cruises & Tours. If you purchase the optional Travelers Protection Plan (TPP), you will be refunded all payments, including deposit amount, less the TPP premium amount.
Cancellation Charges Without Traveler’s Protection Plan (TPP)
• 121 days or more: Deposit Amount
• 120 days until Day of departure: 100% of tour cost
• No refund on unused portions of the tour
Exclusions: Mayflower Cruises & Tours reserves the right to alter its refund and cancellation policy when a substantial amount of cancellation or postponement of travel is attributable to: conditions resulting from an act of God, natural or man-made disaster, fire, government action, civil disorder, war, hostilities between nations, or unavailability of transportation through no fault of Mayflower Cruises & Tours.